This 'n' That, December 16th....

 Biden's Jis Plain Stoopid

    We all remember "Mayor pete," right? I sure as hell do, he impressed me as a lil' twurp with nota helluva lot to say of import.  Now "the big guy" is proving himself dumb enough to appoint lil' petie to the head of the Department of Transportation.

    That will put petie incharge of all things airplane, all things trucks, all things highways; all things ocean-going; amongst many, many other things.  Yrs ago, I was a truck driver-in fact I even owned my own tractor [the 'truck' part]-so I kinda know abit from which I speak.

    Someone of the LOI crowd is likely to ask lil' petie..... "What's the biggest problem facing the truck driver today?" He's likely to say something to the affect; "The trucks are too fast; or, the trucks are too heavy; or the trucks are always in the way......"  Not so!!  The greatest problem-nationwide-is TRUCK PARKING!!  I left over-the-road freight relocation in 2006 and parking was a horrendous problem then.  A driver had to start looking for a truck stop parking spot  around 2:30-3PM to find one!  I was fortunate enough to run my log book such that I could drive 5 hours-sleep5 hours, on and on ad infinitum, without running out of hours.  When I did need a parking space it jus seemed to be the right time of day that I had little/no problem.

Stoopid Biden needs to appoint department heads who've had experience/employment in the area that the department overseas/controlls.  In the case of the USDOT, there's an ideal candidate in Todd Spencer-the head of OOIDA, Owner-Operators Independent Drivers Ass'nMr Spencer has been involved in trucking for most of his adult life.  He has been an over-the-road tanker-yanker before being associated in one form or another with OOIDA for many years.  I'm sure Mr Spencer would be honored to take the appointment!  That's all I got on that....

Justin Case

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is All This Arrogance Really Necessary?

This 'n' That, May 10th