This 'n' That; October 18th

 How About Some Investin' The Way I Do It?

    Well, we got'a start with some important facts:

1. First of all this is no suggestion for any investments or any methods for procuring said vestments, merely a lil' story about how I do my vestin'......

2. Let's go to investopedia.com for a definition:

a stock's 'ex-dividend date: 

  • There are four dates to know when it comes to companies' dividends.
  • These are the declaration date, the ex-dividend date, the record-date, and the payable date.
  • To receive the upcoming dividend, shareholders must have bought the stock before the ex-dividend date.
  • On the ex-dividend date, stock prices typically decline by the amount of the dividend.

When I go onto thestreet.com I'm looking for ex-dates out far enough that I can research into the stock to insure I like it [the industry, the product, etc], I can afford to invest in shares in multiples of 100, that the stock IS NOT based in China.  When I find such a stock I then search for news items on various publications like forbes.com, etc to help me make decisions.

About me/us [my wife, "The Boss"]: I've been interested in the stock market and investing since I was 12-13.  I actually started seriously investing [late '90s] when I became an Over-The-Road truck driver and owner-operator. [One can do alot with a dial-up connection and a laptop in a truck stop!]  We've had to sell out a coupl'a times, once for a family emergency once for a kid who put her masters degree on a MasterCard, THEN COULDN'T PAY IT OFF! Never again!!  We've since [recently] bought Boeing [BA] for under $100/share; bought Apple {AAPL} at the split-price of $124.xx.  We normally invest in those stocks paying dividends, and with SCHWAB we choose to reinvest the dividends in those stocks, when available. Early-on I got caught up in "pump-n-dump" penny stocks, which were 'pennies' invested for valuable lessons... stay away from 'em!

That's all I got for now,

Justin Case

Reference Lie-Barry:

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/ex-date.asp

https://www.dividendinvestor.com/tracker-demo/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3-if86y_7AIVywiICR2FaAR2EAEYASAAEgJuffD_BwE

https://www.schwab.com/public/






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is All This Arrogance Really Necessary?

This 'n' That, December 16th....

This 'n' That, May 10th